Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Untitled

It’s funny how you can get so busy that every moment of free time feels great and like something is wrong all at the same time. I meet with a guy from my church and he always is giving me books to read. This last one is suppose to be really great, greater than the last two (that I didn’t read) by a measure of total awesomeness. Yet, every time I pick up the book all I can think is, “Shouldn’t you be doing X, Y, Z?” The answer to that is, yes, I should be (now that I mention that I remember I need to go change my laundry).

I don’t make posting a daily thing because as you have guessed by now, it’s not always the most productive use of my time. I’m sure you can relate. I structure my day using the only thing I’ve ever applied from economics, the law of diminishing returns. I look at my day (which starts at 6pm and runs to 11) and try to decide what will be most beneficial and what has to be done. I’m sure you can relate to that too.

I don’t know how lame I will sound for saying this, but man, I really want to clean my room. Do you know what I’m saying? I want enough time to go and clean my room. Here’s the kicker, some of you may relate to this, when I do get time to clean my room, I don’t. I’m all gung ho about it when I can’t but when I can, then all of a sudden I’m dying to do something else, you know, X, Y, Z. Don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about!

The big question is does this indeed carry over into relationships too? It seems like everyone I know likes someone who doesn’t like them. Is it simply easier for us that way? When we find out a person we like, likes us back do we suddenly decide we don’t like them? It just seems a little strange to me. I think there is some weird connection.

No comments: