Thursday, June 24, 2004

loved

today i was surprised by what was my fourth celebration of my birthday within the past week. people keep congratulating me on my birthday and loving on me. it is a great feeling. then i talked to my dad on the phone, who is sitting at home with our dog, alone. it's hard to take. i love my dad and here he is all alone in cincinnati. my parents divorced when i was 11. my brother is in his teens and hates everything my dad does. he doesn't have friends. so while people are loving on me right and left, day after day, my dad sits in his basement and stares at the television as countless americans do. alone. the pain i'm sure feels drowning at times. God is his only rock. i continue to pray for him, that God will send other Christians to him that he can have fellowship as we were designed to have, from the beginning. with God and with humans. just read Genesis 2 if you don't believe me. he's not the exception, he's the rule. all across this land. men and women are sitting in their basement alone, watching tv and sufficating in isolation. instead of just giving up, pray. we need to pray. honestly, consistantly and trusting, Christians, brothers and sisters, pray.

No comments: