Friday, June 18, 2004

Va Beach Pt2

There we were driving west in our car, headed for the beach in Virginia. Ok, so we were really driving east, but Eric you don’t have to always point that stuff out, everyone else seemed to gloss over that detail except you... The four of us were piled into the car, night soon hit and we laid the back seats down in the Jeep so we had a makeshift bed to sleep on. All our food was piled up next to our other supplies. As the night wore on it became increasingly more apparent that being 6’2 was again going to be to my disadvantage as I would have a better chance fitting in a gym locker than in the “sleeping area”. We drove all through the night. As morning light entered the car (somewhere on the 4th or 5th shift of drivers) we could once again see how small the Jeep really was. Nick looked over at me and yelled, “You’re sitting on the bread!” Low and behold, I was indeed sitting on the bread. For being bread, it wasn’t nearly as comfortable as I would expect. Now our “food supply” aka- peanut butter and a loaf of bread was, “compacted”. I had managed to smash the bread to a thickness of about 1”. I assured them that indeed we would be able to make sandwiches; all we had to do was stretch the bread out again! I think it turned out to be my theory was more of a stretch than the bread ever got.

We arrived at Va Beach, it is 6:30 their time and we decide to find our friend who was working on the coast over summer... Right after we play a horribly incoherent game of football (we didn’t sleep much in the Jeep, pretty uncomfortable). Deciding we stink at football, we start asking everyone in the general area if they know our friend. We get a tip and knock on one of three possible doors. No one answers, so we continue to knock and knock and knock. I’m sure the guy behind the door is loving us at this point...

No comments: